About China Medical University
In 1940 comrade Mao Zedong proposed, and the central committee of the Chinese
Communist Party approved, the name of the school being changed to China Medical
University. In July 1946 the university was ordered to enter north-east China with the
army and reached Xinshan city - now Hegang city - Heilongjiang province. In
November/December 1948 the whole north-east of China was liberated and the
university was ordered to move to Shenyang. In 1948 and 1949 it absorbed the
medical school formerly operated by the (Japanese) South Manchurian Railway
Company (the South Manchuria Medical College, later called the Shenyang Medical
College which had opened in 1911) and the Mukden Medical College - sometimes
spelled Moukden Medical College which had been founded in 1892, see below.
Shortly before it was absorbed its name was change to Liaoning Medical College.
Language of Instruction:
China Medical University has been having the instruction of their medical program
and other programs in English and Chinese since 1978. The English faculty was
started mainly for overseas Chinese students who wanted to study medicine in
China, Since CMU is a leading university it attracts Chinese faculties who have
studied overseas in English and also the ones who have worked abroad for a few
years for training and to develop learning methodology and techniques, so we ensure
that the program we offer is of higher quality and standing.
Why CMU ?
Since we are a reputed and top ranking University in China, we attract the best talents
available in the country. As informed there are lots of faculties in our university, who
have studied in Europe, USA or UK and those who have worked in the can speak
English very well. More over as our University cooperate in students exchange
program and faculty exchange program with universities from USA, UK and other
countries so our faculty had a very good exposure to English program , English
speaking students and International students.
1. Indian curriculum in collaboration with International Syllabus for the medical
2. Indian text books along with those of USA and UK editions
3. Will be arranging Indian cook for Indian students
4. Separate hostel facilities for girls and Boys
5. Arranges for parents to visit the University.
CURRICULUM AND FACULTIES:
This is very important today for any medical student and any medical college taking
student from India. Student went in large numbers to European countries like Russia
Ukraine, Uzbekistan, and Armenia to study medicine. They could not do well in their
Screening Test Exam conducted by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the
students failed in mass. This is because the students had to study in a different
system and the MCI had conducted the exam in the pattern based on the syllabus and
system of India.
To solve this problem CMU has adapted MCI curriculum in collaboration with
International Curriculum to keep its standards high. This is of greatest advantage to
Indian students. All other universities claim to do so…but as a parent you need to
check the following….
1. How long has the English medium being functioning?
2. Has any graduate come out of English medium so far?
3. What is the success rate?
4. How many foreign students are there?
5. Has any international student got scholarship till now?
1. Academic year: From September 1 to July 30 of second year is one academic year.
2. Educational system: Bachelor’s Degree: Six years;
3. Seven years program of clinical medicine (for Master’s Degree);
4. Master’s Degree: Three years;
5. Doctor’s Degree: Three years;
6. Scholar: One year or two years;
Duration time of application:
From March 1 to June 30 each year.
In case you are interested in getting the application and brochure please Contact Us
Hostel & Safety:
There are separate facilities for Boys and girls. Well appointed hostels with fully
furnished, air conditioned rooms made for international students. Rooms are
furnished with TV, Telephone, Refrigerator, Washing Machine, Radiators, Air condition
and other amenities.
The hostels are given good protection by security agencies and police booths in the
- Students with 12 years of formal schooling "excluding the kinder garden" are
eligible for the Medical Program.
- Minimum Percentage of marks is 60% aggregate in science subjects and 50
% in English Language
Check here to verify your Equivalent Qualification pertaining to your Country.
Advantages of CMU
1. The University ranks 4 th position among nearly 150 Medical Colleges in China.
2. The University offers the course in English medium since 1978 (27 Years).
3. 6,126 are professionals of different specialties.
4. 448 professors, 676 associate professors, 205 tutors for doctor students and 562
tutors for master students, 2 members of Evaluation Group of Academic Degree
Committee of the State Council, 4 directors and 11 vice-directors, 50 members of
5. 60 Committee members of national academic societies, such as Chinese Medical
6. CMU has 28 colleges, faculties and sections with the total number of 20,287
7. 5 broader disciplines of pedagogy, philosophy, natural science, medicine,
management of CMU are authorized to grant degrees.
8. 43 disciplines (specialties) are authorized to grant doctor degrees and 55 are
authorized to grant master degrees.
9. 11 specialties for undergraduates and 10specialties for higher professional
Copyright © 2008 Chinaenglishmedium.com
The China Medical University (CMU) was the first medical
school established by the Chinese Communist Party. Its
precursor was the Chinese Workers’ - Peasants’ Red Army
Military Medical School and Chinese Workers’ - Peasants’
Red Army Health School which had been founded in Ruijin
city, Jiangxi province, in 1931. After the Long March with the
red army, it moved to Shanbei.
Study MBBS in China in English Medium